Friday, April 17, 2009

Sakura Candy



Here are some pictures from the ICU campus. This place is covered in sakura trees, and for about a week the whole place looks like cotton candy. For being in Tokyo, this is really a rural area (called Mitaka-shi). The campus is a do-able 20 minute walk from our apartment. When I get a bike it will be about 5. But a bike is lower on the list of things I need (a refrigerator is the next thing to tick-off.) I also need some place to put all my stuff I shipped from NY- which is now sitting in customs here in Japan (actually, I'm in NO hurry to have it). I'm glad I have an office at work so I can keep all my books and research OUT of the apartment.
For more info on where I work click HERE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris, so nice to hear from you and get a glimpse of your life in Japan. Me miss you and hope all is going well. Keep us updated.
-John John

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris,
It is great to hear from you. Sounds like a super exciting life. We are well into softball season here in Whittier. School is starting to get to the final month or so. Thanks goodness I need a break. Mike has been working so hard lately. This economy has really put them in a bad place.
Hope to see you soon. Maybe in Japan some day. The girls really want to go there as for me, I could do without the plane ride.
Talk to you soon
Shannon